The people who form The Friends of the Indian Boundary Prairies are from diverse backgrounds and posses varying skills. Each contributes in different ways, yet we all share a common commitment:
- To restore, maintain, and preserve the rare ecosystem represented by the Markham prairies.
- To document the plants and animals living on the Markham prairies and be alert to changes, either positive or negative.
- To acquaint people with the many wonders of the prairies and to awaken their ambition to learn more about them.
- To help people see the potential the prairies have for scientific discovery, for artistic inspiration, and for enhancing the quality of life in the community.
- To research and document the history of the Markham prairies.
- To create an example of how people can change the world they live in for the better.